7 Feb Tuesday
The role of Science in STEM and What drones are used for around the world.
Pages 29 to 33 National Sciene Week 2016 dronesdroidsandrobots2016v5
Legalities/safety for drone usage in Australia. https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/landing-page/flying-drones-australia
Components of drones: Transmitter (Tx), receiver, Flight control board, Electronic Speed control, Electric Motor, Propeller.
Propeller and Newton’s third law:
Answer the Following Questions:
- What are the four forces that act on an aircraft/flying object?
- What are three things that determine the weight of an airplane/flying object?
- What are two things that determine the thrust of an airplane/flying object?
- A high thrust to weight ratio means that the aircraft will have high _____________and a high _______________.
- If the thrust to weight ratio is greater than 1, this means the aircraft/flying object will be able to ______________________________.
- Explain what a ratio is in your own words.
- Write a few sentences summarizing this activity and what you learned from it.