Pre Topic Quiz
- How many planets are there in our solar system?
- Name all the planets (nearest to the furthest to the sun).
- Name the outer larger planets.
- What are asteroids?
- A belief that links the positions of the stars and planets to human destinies. It has no scientific background is called ______ (astrology, astronomy)
- The study of the universe is called __________ (astrology, astronomy).
- A small, frozen mass of dust and gas revolving around the sun is called: _________ (comets, meteors)
- A shooting star, observed when a particle of dust enters into the Earth’s atmosphere is called: ___________ (meteors, comets)
- The moon is a _______________. (satelite, star).
- What is a light year? ______________
- What is the scientific theory that explains how the universe started, and then made the stars and galaxies we see today?
True or False for Question 12 to 16:
- Gravitational force holds the planet in orbit around the sun. T/F
- Gravitational force keeps the moon in orbit around the Earth. T/F
- Ocean tides are the result of gravitational pull of the moon on the seas causing ocean tides on Earth. T/F
- Stars and planets are created by gravitational force pulling together the material from which they are made. T/F
- Gravitational force pulls you towards the centre of the Earth. T/F
- Newton’s law of Gravitational force states that every object in the universe will experience an attractive force. T/F