- Scientific Investigation
Feyman’ svideo on scientific investigation
[youtube_sc url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYPapE-3FRw width=450 rel=0 fs=1]
A scientific investigation:
- describes a problem that can be used as an hypothesis for testing
- collects data for investigation that can be used to draw conclusions
- is communicated to allow review through evidence.
Steps in scientific method: flow chart and more information from the buddy science website
Definitions of variables, dependent and independent variable, please refer definitions.
Writing a scientific report and summarising , refer to:
- Writing a scientific report: Resource sheet 1Scientific Report Scaffold
- Summaring:Resource sheet 4 Summarising
- Line graphs for scientiific investigaton when you have to draw the line of best fit: Line of Best Fit graph (interatctive graphing which allows you to plot points and try drawing the Line of Best Fit.)
- Line graphs for graphing scientific information such as temperature changes, etc (best fit straight line is not drawn or draw the line joining all the coordinates plotted.) :
Time line for famous experiment, click on links to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_scientific_experiments#2nd_century_BC